Sunday, January 2, 2011

Remember the Alamo?

Me neither... Arrived in San Antonio Friday afternoon with no idea what this town was like, and - WOW - what a treat!  Stayed at a campground on the bus route, so I could leave the rig and explore for a few days. First of all, the Riverwalk is so cool.  The boat ride ($8.25) does a great job of orienting you to this below-street-level WPA era marvel.  Having no recollection of what happened at the Alamo (other than we lost), I did the IMAX movie before visiting the site.  Had a great margarita at the Naked Iguana Lounge at the Rio Rio Cantina on the Riverwalk. Then, got my hair done (long overdue!) and stepped out for a little two-stepping at the Cowboys Dancehall.  Opted not to ride the bull, as my physical therapist (lower back issues) would not approve.  Looks like the weather will cooperate for the journey back east.  Or, I suppose I could follow the immortal words of Davy Crocket when he was not re-elected to Congress in 1835:  "You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."

1 comment:

  1. YEHAW cowgirl! Love reading your blog... Can't wait to see the new do. Suzi P

    ReplyDelete